All about Beth...

bethvera

Hello everyone! My name is Beth and I live in Wisconsin...go Packers!

Growing up, my parents were divorced and my time was split between their houses. I was involved in competitive dance and was pretty much at the studio every night. My mom hated cooking, so this worked out, because she'd send my $5 and tell me to go to Subway on my nightly breaks from class to get a sandwich. It was just my mom and I at her house and she did NOT cook! So I grew up on a lot of fast food/prepackaged lunches, etc.

My dad remarried my "evil stepmother" and they tried hard to make up for what my mom lacked in the kitchen. They would often go over the top and make me sort of loathe cooking.

Then I met the love of my life in high school, whose mother is Betty Crocker mixed with Julia Child- I swear. She is a "super mom" who cooks almost every meal totally from scratch. They live on a farm, so they use their own eggs, meat, veggies, etc. My husband and I have been married and living together for six months (however, after dating for 6 years prior- we are by no means a new couple) and he knows that we grew up in two different food worlds. Lately I've been making a ton of hamburger helper and pasta- however we got a crock pot for our wedding and I want to expand my world of cooking thorough it! So I was very excited when I came across this forum! I hope to learn new recipes and tips for my slow cooker.

Hi Beth, very nice to meet you. What an interesting background you come from.

I can see you're fitting right in so welcome, and let us know if you need anything :)

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to jump into any conversation. This is a great place to be.

Hi Beth! What a great intro! I also grew up on a lot of packagaed foods, and it is very hard for me to learn otherwise.

Hi Beth. When I was a little girl I lived with my nana and she had a cow, pigs and chickens and she also grew her own veg and fruit. I have to say that I loved my food back then. I even drank raw eggs every morning. I wouldn't do it now I can tell you that, I would have E-coli. I am gone off food for a while now I just don't feel the same way about it now. I don't know if there is anyone out there who feels the same. Anyway Welcome to the Forum.

Hello and welcome! It is a pleasure to meet you and it is exciting to learn new things cooking. Hope to hear more from you here in the forums when you have some time!

Back