A Hearty Vegan Stew Crock Pot Recipe

MyDigitalpoint

Bean And Vegetable Stew Slow Cooker Recipe

It's recommended that you use three or four kinds of beans such as pinto, black, baby lima, red kidney, or lentils, green or yellow split peas.

This is a total vegan recipe that provides the following nutritional values per serving:

Calories: 170 - Fat: 0.3 g - Cholesterol: 0 g

Crock Pot Ingredients:

1 lb beans, assorted, dry
2 cup vegetable juice
1 cup rice or pasta, cooked
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup parsnips, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup apple or pineapple juice
1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon parsley, dried
1 onion, diced
1 bay leaf
3 clove garlic, minced
vegetable stock or water

Slow Cooker Instructions:

- Sort and rinse beans, then soak overnight in water.
- Drain beans and place in crock pot.
- Add vegetable juice, wine, soy sauce, and apple or pineapple juice.
- Cover with vegetable stock or water; amount depends on whether you prefer a soup or a stew consistence. Soy sauce adds depth and tang of salt, while juice adds a tad of sweetness.
- Cook at high for 2 hours.
- Add vegetables, herbs, and spices, and cook for 5-6 hours at low until carrots and parsnips are tender.
- When tender, add rice or pasta and cook for one additional hour.

Yield: 12 servings

Last edited:
What a fabulous recipe and thanks for the nutritional values too. I will be trying this recipe really soon:)

I think I might make it a thicker consistency. Then I would put lettuce on top or those white crunchy noodles. Oh, I know water chestnuts maybe. I would like something with it that has a little crunch. What could I add to it for the crunch texture?

I will try this one, everything in it is absolutely according to my taste. I would add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to balance all the flavors.

This recipe sounds yummy. I like the Asian twist (soy sauce and pineapple juice). I bet the parsnips and beans absorb the flavors from the liquids really well. I had never considered using vegetable juice in soup before. It seems like an obvious choice, now that I think about it. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll give this one a try soon.

Back