WHO ELSE USES RICE POT FOR CROCK POT LOL

Soli

I like to use my rice pot to make stews and a bunch of different soups and stuff you usually make in crock pots... Yes it takes a little longer but I love it. I make a spanish beef stew and comes just about right with my rice pot. I have all different sizes . Crock pots are amazing for beef stew and potatoes and soups and stews and chili. I love it !

I've never owned a rice pot but I do like to interchange my cooking pots and try new things. How much longer does it take for a stew to cook in your rice cooker? I'm just curious.

That's such a cool idea! I've got a rice cooker that auto-times for about 50 minutes, so I'll have to find a way to work around that, but that's such a fantastic thought.

My mom does this as well! Lol! She is too cheap to buy a new one. But honestly the things she cooks in that old rice pot are unbelievable. Who knows maybe some of the food aroma cooked in it over the years stayed in it... :D

I have the reverse issue: I want to use my slow cooker as a rice pot. Never seems to work out the same. Using my friends rice cooker to make couscous was fantastic but trying it in my slow cooker was a catastrophe. It's the damn timer lift when the water has steamed away. My slow cooker cannot compete with that.

Back