What size crockpots are available?

Barbara G.

Staff member
Crockpots come in many different sizes. When looking at crockpots, some of the sizes of crockpots available include:

• 2.5 quart
  • 3 quart
  • 4 quart
  • 4.5 quart
  • 5 quart
  • 6 quart
  • 6.5 quart
  • 7 quart
The quart size determines the amount of food the crockpot will hold. Although, it is important to remember not to put too much food into the crockpot so that the food will cook properly.

minicrock.jpg

For smaller families, the 4 quart to 5 quart crockpot may be sufficient. For a larger family, the 6 quart to 7 quart may be desirable.

0004009491463_500X500.jpg

ghk-breville-slow-cooker-bsc560xl-mdn.jpg

Mini-crockpots are great for heating small amounts of cheese, or items which do not take much time to cook. Very small amounts of party appetizers can also be placed in the mini-crocks. Small recipes can also be used in the mini-crocks, also known as crockettes.

What size crockpot do you have? Do you find it sufficient to meet your needs?

Last edited:
I just have the regular size crockpot. It meets my needs having a small family I don't need anything else right now. Its good to know that other sizes are available in case they are needed.

I have a mini too. If I had to guess, I would say it holds about 1 pint. It is perfect for cheese sauces, fondue and warm dips.

I miss having a mini-crockpot for those quick and simple side dips. I am going to look for another one of these around the holidays.

Have you seen the ones they are selling now with a single base but that hold 3 crocks? Those are so tempting but I just don't think they would work well for us.

Have you seen the ones they are selling now with a single base but that hold 3 crocks? Those are so tempting but I just don't think they would work well for us.

I have one of those which I used last year at Thanksgiving. It was fine for warming green beans, corn, and something else I put in the third crockpot. I don't think they will be good for cooking something, though. And, you wouldn't be able to put much in there. I didn't think the unit warmed to food as hot as my main crock pots.

Thanks for the input Barbara. It's good to know they are just warmers and not really crock pots you can cook in. I think I'll skip it then.

I have one of those which I used last year at Thanksgiving. It was fine for warming green beans, corn, and something else I put in the third crockpot. I don't think they will be good for cooking something, though. And, you wouldn't be able to put much in there. I didn't think the unit warmed to food as hot as my main crock pots.[/QUOTE
Wow, I had no idea either that those were not really crockpots but rather just warmers. I am tempted to buy one every time I see them at Wal-Mart. Thanks for the warning; will not be buying one after all.

I had no idea either that those were just warmers and not actual crockpots. Each time I see them at Wal-Mart I am tempted to buy one but will not buy one now. Thanks for the warning Barbara.

I had no idea either that those were just warmers and not actual crockpots. Each time I see them at Wal-Mart I am tempted to buy one but will not buy one now. Thanks for the warning Barbara.

They are sold as crockpots, but after using one for several holiday seasons - I only use them to warm veggies and not really do cooking in. I was not very pleased with the system. I did however get one when they were clearing them out, so did not pay full price for them.

Crockpots come in many different sizes. When looking at crockpots, some of the sizes of crockpots available include:

• 2.5 quart
  • 3 quart
  • 4 quart
  • 4.5 quart
  • 5 quart
  • 6 quart
  • 6.5 quart
  • 7 quart
The quart size determines the amount of food the crockpot will hold. Although, it is important to remember not to put too much food into the crockpot so that the food will cook properly.

minicrock.jpg

For smaller families, the 4 quart to 5 quart crockpot may be sufficient. For a larger family, the 6 quart to 7 quart may be desirable.

0004009491463_500X500.jpg

ghk-breville-slow-cooker-bsc560xl-mdn.jpg

Mini-crockpots are great for heating small amounts of cheese, or items which do not take much time to cook. Very small amounts of party appetizers can also be placed in the mini-crocks. Small recipes can also be used in the mini-crocks, also known as crockettes.

What size crockpot do you have? Do you find it sufficient to meet your needs?

I recently replace my crock pot because the ceramic inside broke. It was cheaper to buy a new one on sale so I did.
When I got home and took it out I realized it was way bigger than my last one. It is only the two of us so I was distressed.
The first thing I made was a wonderful sweet potato and apple casserole for our Thanksgiving potluck so that was great.
But now that I am back home I wonder what I can reasonably use it for. I was used to making something in it about once a week.
I will probably buy the next one I see on a good sale. I didn't get to any Black Friday sales.

One option for you is to make recipes which would be double of what you would eat when cooking with your smaller crockpot and freeze part of it to eat later.

I do have to agree it is usually cheaper to buy a new crockpot over ordering a replacement part. The prices of crockpots have come way down over the years, unless you are looking at the fancier ones which are available.

I have 2 ceramic crocks that fit in the same base one. One base quit working so I bought a new one & fortunately, the old crock fit in it!

I don't know if you guy have a BJ's in your area, but they have on sale a 6.5 quart crock pot for $40.00 (with coupon).

I live alone and have a large crockpot. I use it only upon occasion. I want a 3qt but can not find one any place,can you help me I live in Richardson TX in the Dallas metroplex. Thank you Sherley Crutchfield

I live alone and have a large crockpot. I use it only upon occasion. I want a 3qt but can not find one any place,can you help me I live in Richardson TX in the Dallas metroplex. Thank you Sherley Crutchfield

Hello Fae,

First of all, welcome to the crockpot forums! It is a pleasure to meet you!

When I did an online search for 3 quart crockpot, I found Sears, Amazon, and Walmart sells them. Now, if you can't find it in the store at Sears or Walmart, you may be able to order one. I know Walmart offers a ship direct to store option.

Let us know if you need any help with anything! And, enjoy your time here in the forums!

Back