Weightloss

Slowcookmama

I think like many we are all trying to eat a little healthier. For me in particular I want to get healthier for my little girl. I have to admit you can not use the excuse 'baby weight" for so long. She is now a year and a half and I think its time to get serious. I started a low carb diet before, lost some weight but then fell off. I recently found a weight loss group on Facebook that is pretty helpful. The 90 day challenge stated on the first and so far I'm committed to staying on track. What I noticed with many is that they plan their meals ahead, something I need to consider. I'm really glad I have my slow cooker on hand for meal prep.

This is great to hear you have made a step forward, which many of us need to do.

What do you feel is the hardest thing about getting back on track to losing weight?

The hardest thing for me for getting back into shape, is creating a daily routine that I won't fall out of a few weeks in the future. I used to eat really terribly. Now I have a go-to shopping list. I made a shopping list that I use every time I go shopping, only making small edits, if I want something special. This keeps me from buying many of the guilty pleasures I hate that I love.

I have been giving the baby weight excuse for too long, my son is now going on 13. :( I've set up an appt. with a nutritionist, so I have my finger crossed that his recommendations will allow me to eat more than a few carrot sticks. I exercise, but the mid section just does not want to leave. I never had this problem pre-pregnancy. Anywho, I'll let you know what happens.

My biggest obstacle is going out to eat. I find it easy to stay on track with a diet plan when I am home and plan out my meals. But I now work in close proximity to friends who want to meet up for lunch several times a week and go out for dinner after work several nights. This is not only a strain on budget, but makes it harder to "eat right" and healthy. My plan is to stay healthy and on track is to cook larger meals and invite people to my house for dinner instead of going out to restaurants. Crockpot meals will be great for this--if I can get people to agree. They usually have excuses about it being easier to go out, or they just really want a particular item at the restaurant. I need help is staying strong and saying no to their invitations of going out so frequently.

Hi ambersummer, have you ever invited your friend over for a crockpot meal? I know that going out to eat can be a strain on your budget. An excuse I use is that I don't have a babysitter. But if you don't have kids you can always say you have t0 tend to some important family matter - be creative. hope it helps.

Thanks christine! I've invited friends over for meals at my house before. I made a really great crockpot soup one night with grilled cheeses and they came, but other times when I've tried they say they'd rather go out. I'll have to be creative and trick them into homecooked meals more!

Back