Sugared Pecans or Walnuts Crockpot Recipes

oltltli2

Sugared Pecans or Walnuts Crockpot Recipes

Spiced pecans or walnuts, from the slow cooker. Sugared pecan recipe with cinnamon and spices, or use walnuts.

Recipe Ingredients:
  • 16 ounces pecans or walnut halves
  • 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Slow Cooker Preparation:

Turn slow cooker to HIGH about 15 minutes in advance. In hot slow cooker, stir together the nuts and butter. Add the powdered sugar, stirring to blend and coat evenly. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to LOW and remove lid; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 hours, or until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze.
Transfer the nuts to a bowl. In another small bowl, combine the spices; sift over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. Let cool before serving.

This is a wonderful recipe for the holiday season. Sounds simple and delicious. Thanks for sharing. Can you do other nuts like cashews??

Wow this is awesome! I remember my aunt use to make candied peanuts every Christmas and it always seemed to take so long. That could have been because I was very little at the time but this process seems simple and easy.

This sounds amazing! I bet it will make the house smell so good! My mom is coming to spend the holidays with me and I'll bet she would love it if I made something like this. Thanks for sharing!

Back