Slow cooker issues at parties?

JoanMcWench

I have yet to utilize my slow cooker at a party as a serving apparatus. I'm not really sure why. I kind of feel like something might happen. Like someone burning themselves or hurting my sweet sweet baby slow cooker. Has anyone had issues at parties when using your slow cooker to serve?

I have two regular slow cookers I use for meals. Walmart in our area last year had the three small crockpots on one base which I had to buy for Mother's Day. Each crock is smaller and perfect for making party foods. I used it during the holidays to do veggies and smaller side dishes in, too.

I have yet to utilize my slow cooker at a party as a serving apparatus. I'm not really sure why. I kind of feel like something might happen. Like someone burning themselves or hurting my sweet sweet baby slow cooker. Has anyone had issues at parties when using your slow cooker to serve?
We use a few crockpots all at once when we have deer camp for the guys in the Fall. There has never been a problem with anyone getting burned or the crockpots being harmed so far. It has worked out real well for us but I would advise if you are going to have children serving themselves from the crock pots to have adult supervision. Otherwise I believe that the crockpots are very sturdy and you shouldn't have a problem at parties.

I have never run into any problems with crockpots at parties either. I have also been to many get-togethers where crockpots are used. I think people know not to touch the actual crockpot and I agree with Geri K, the pots are sturdy and they will not tip over or anything.

My husband's office has several parties thoughout the year and I have sent crock pot dishes almost every time. I've haven't had any problems except that he brings them home uncleaned after they've been sitting all day. What a mess to clean up! lol

Back