Round or Oval Crock Pot?

Geri K

This may seem silly but do you have a preference for either round or oval crockpots? I do not care for the oval crock pots as much as the round ones. Being used to having only the round kind, when I finally got an oval pot I didn't think it cooked the food as well. Anybody else ever think the same thing or maybe I am just not open to change as much as I should be.

That is funny you mentioned this. I have a round one and an oval one. They are two different brands, but my oval one does not seem to cook the food the same either. I did not know if it was the brand difference, or the shape. It will be interesting to hear from the other members on this topic! o_O

I prefer the oval one. Usually these are larger and can accommodate the quantities I like to cook better. I've never noticed that it didn't cook as well as the round ones though and I do have both.

I have both an oval and a round one. The round one is much smaller though, and a different brand. So it's hard to compare them fairly. I tend to prefer the oval one just because it is larger and better for cooking more food/meals. Since the round one is smaller I've only used it to make dips.

I prefer oval for the space- especially when cooking meat.

However, when size is not an issue, I like the round ones.

Back