My absolute favorite pulled pork comes from the Crock pot!

Numbers9000

Just thought I'd share my pulled pork recipe with you guys. Living in NYC, I was really bemoaning the fact that I couldn't make good pulled pork because I had no room for a smoker. I decided to try making some in my Crock pot and I found it to be incredible!

You will need:

3 - 3.5 lb pork shoulder
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup hard apple cider
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tblspoon kosher salt
2 tsp. ground black pepper

Place half the sliced onions on the bottom of the Crock pot.
Mix all dry ingredients except the sugar and rub well all over the pork.
Place rubbed pork on top of the onions.
In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients with the brown sugar.
Pour mixture over the pork
Cover the pork with remaining onions.
Cook pork on low for 7-8 hours or until the pork is fall-apart tender. If you can't shred it easily with a fork, you're not done cooking.

Serve on sandwich buns alongside some good coleslaw, potato salad, and your favorite barbeque sauce, if you desire. Personally, I like to make my own sauce out of the drippings.

I hope you all get a chance to try this one day, it really is delicious!

This recipe sounds simple, and delicious.
Our family loves to make pork, but we have not tried this variation.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe.

I've just recently discovered the magic that is pork! This recipe sounds delicious, especially with all of those seasonings.

This recipe sounds simple, and delicious.
Our family loves to make pork, but we have not tried this variation.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe.

You're absolutely welcome! I hope you try it out and it comes out as delicious for you as it does for me!

Pulled pork is hands down my favorite thing to cook in my crock pot and recipes like this are what I was hoping to find on this forum. So many thanks friend. I won't be following it exactly as apple cider isn't my favorite but it gives me some great ideas for some spice and seasoning experiments. I was just wondering if you've tried the recipe with any variations that you might want the rest of us to know about?

That sounds delicious. I never considered using apple cider vinegar. Pulled pork is a big favorite around here. Plus, as soon as we get custody of my boyfriends kids it will be nice because it is easy to make this in large quantities. I still need that larger crock pot, and when I have it I will try this recipe for sure.

Back