Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe for the Slow Cooker

HerTasteBuds

Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe for the Slow Cooker

Crock Pot Ingredients:

2 lbs. bacon, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 bsp. flour
1 carton (32 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
3 lb. large baking potatoes (about 6), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, boiled and slightly mashed up
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives

Recipe Instructions:

Chop then fry bacon in large SAUCE PAN on medium heat until crisp. The reason that I say to use a sauce pan is because you can fry the bacon in its own grease and make it super crisp. So when you add it to the soup the bacon does not get soggy. Keep stirring with a wooded spoon until it is awesomely crispy. WARNING...DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THIS PAN! High heat and the amount of grease can easily spill over and you WILL have a fire! Drain bacon with metal colander saving about a 1/4 cup of drippings. Place on plate covered with paper towels; refrigerate until ready to use. Add onions to drippings in sauce pan; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Add 1 cup broth; cook and stir 2 min. or until sauce comes to boil and thickens. Pour into slow cooker. Stir in remaining broth and potatoes and half of your crispy bacon; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or HIGH 5 to 6 hours).

After cooking for the allotted time, add half of your cheese and sour cream to your slow cooker; stir until melted. Add milk; cook, covered, until heated through.

Warm your leftover bacon in the microwave for about 30 seconds and use the bacon, cheese and chives to place atop your soup once served up in a bowl. Enjoy!

Thank you for this recipe. I am bookmarking it right now. I love baked potatoes and baked potato soup sounds right up my alley on these cold winter days. Since the ground hog saw his shadow and we will have more cold weather this will be good to make on one of those rushed hectic days.

I've been looking for a potato soup recipe or as many soup recipes as possible, for that matter. My husband is recovering from a stroke and is on soft diet. This sure is loaded with nutrients and will surely help. I wish there will be more.

Last edited:
Back