Just got m'self a pot!

Onioncakes

My mom used to make all sorts of dishes from the crock pot; everything from stews to spaghetti. I just bought myself a crock-pot the other day to save time, but I don't have my mama's experience. So far, "forgiving" seems the best way to describe how it cooks. I hope to take this time-saving little device from "forgiving" my poor food choices to creating scrumptious, filling meals!

I have two crock pots and now I find the need for another one. I cook two meals at a time to save time for the week of cooking. I wan the one with the three pots on it.

Wow! Thee crock-pots in one, eh? What kinds of things do you cook ahead of time? Do you freeze your meals?

NO,I don't freeze anything at all. I cook it store it in bowls and fridge it. the meals can then be eaten anytime of day or night till they are gone. Tonight,I am taking ox tails to my man he loves them so much. tomorrow,I am making pork chops with seasoning onions and potato. it's going to fall apart and lay perfect over a bed of rice.

Oh! I hadn't thought to cook rice separately. Cooking rice in a separate pot on the stove or in a rice-cooker would work out wonderfully for something like crock-pot chili. Mm, looks like I need to expand my horizons. I'll have to give something like that a shot and post my results in a day or two!

Welcome to the crockpot forums! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing more about how your crockpot cooking is coming along!

Back