Italian Pot Roast with Penne Pasta Crockpot Recipe

HerTasteBuds

Italian Pot Roast with Penne Pasta Crockpot Recipe

Slow Cooker Ingredients:

1 3 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bag of baby carrots
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges (1 cup)
1 26 ounce jar pasta sauce
2 cups hot cooked penne pasta
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Italian spices of your liking IE: Basil, Oregano, etc.
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Recipe Instructions:
  1. Trim fat from roast. In a small bowl, combine garlic salt, your preferred Italian spices, and pepper; rub into roast on all sides. In a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker, add carrots, and onion. Place roast on top. Pour pasta sauce over roast in cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
  3. Cook pasta and toss pasta with parsley. Serve roast and sauce over hot pasta mixture. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

That sounds like a really good recipe. A couple things I would change would be to make a nice dry rub for it before cooking. I'd use some cayenne pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, and of course brown sugar. Then I'd keep on adding butter to it for even more flavor. The penne pasta that you added sounds really good though!

Mmmm...sounds like a very nice variation. I am imagining the cayenne and brown sugar paired together on beef. Sounds scrumptious!
Another pasta variation that I use is using wide egg noodles. It is a little lighter than the penne pasta but I really like how the sauce sticks so well to the egg noodles.

Let me know how the cayenne and brown sugar turn out of you try it! The combo makes my mouth water!

Back