Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

MyDigitalpoint

Yeah! all of these celebrations are approaching at giant steps, so I'm wondering if you are ready for them.

To me, this is an exciting time because it resembles much a chain of fun, sweet memories, family and friends encounters, besides an array of sensations that are likely the perception that each of us has about this season of the year.

Halloween is just a few days away, so if you have a tip to share to enjoy this day, share it quickly or let us know what your plans are.

But also would be interesting know if you celebrate Thanksgiving day, your traditions and plans getting ready for Christmas afterward :)

My husband and I usually attend a Halloween party where we dress up with hand made costumes. (Less expensive and usually more creative). Thanksgiving is a LARGE meal at my parent's house and another at my in-laws. Black Friday shopping begins Thanksgiving evening. I usually finish my christmas shopping that day. Christmas is usually over several days. Dinner one day, the family get together another. I am one of 7 children. We all have children and some have grandchildren. Although there are many in the family, we still all get together for our Christmas dinner every year. The family get together is always at my parent's house and varies when it is, depending on everyone's schedule.

We do not celebrate Halloween so we have no plans on Thursday. For Thanksgiving, we are driving five hours north to see my family and spend time with them. I can't wait!

Halloween is coming quick. I'm not a huge fan. But we keep saying we want to host a Halloween party, so i think we will plan that for next year.
Thanksgiving we do at our house. We usually fry our turkey, but this year my husband wants to roast it. Also our neighborhood has a 5K that we might run that morning.
Christmas is my favorite!!! I've had a pretty crummy year, so I hope this holiday season puts me in a jolly mood!

We had a great Halloween- our son got lots of candy and for Wisconsin, we had nice "warm" end of October weather!

We absolutely love Thanksgiving and Christmas in our family. One of my uncles passed away last year right before Thanksgiving and his wife and three kids moved down to Florida in May. They were a HUGE part of our family, so it's going to be very odd without them there :(. We will all gather at my grandmas "old peoples place" in their party room for our Thanksgiving festivities...which include eating ourselves silly, going for a huge walk to burn some of it off, and then doing more damage by eating my grandmas kick butt pumpkin, apple and chocolate pies (and yes...she's 89 going on 29). We then go Black Friday CRAZY (however, I do NOT support that some stores are starting 8 PM on Thanksgiving. HELLO---it's Black "Friday" for a reason!!!).

This will be the first Thanksgiving that my hubby and I are married- so we will probably split our time between my Grandma's house and his parents house. Thankfully they don't live too far away from each other, so attending both is possible.

Christmas works out better because my husbands family celebrates early on Christmas Eve, whereas my family does a late night deal that goes into Christmas day. We have family coming in from Minnesota this Christmas (they come every other year or so), which is great because the more the merrier, especially with one part of our family celebrating Christmas with palm trees this year!

Back