Get Rid of Crockpot Stains

Geri K

Get rid of crockpot stains using a paste of half cream of tartar and half vinegar and apply it to the stain. I have not tried this but am wondering how well it would work on stains that have been on crockpots for years.

I have not tried this, but will be willing to give it a try! Thanks for the share!

Going to the grocery store tomorrow! :D

Get rid of crockpot stains using a paste of half cream of tartar and half vinegar and apply it to the stain. I have not tried this but am wondering how well it would work on stains that have been on crockpots for years.

I did buy some cream of tarter the other day. I was amazed at the price of one small bottle - from $4 to $8 dollars. I did finally find a generic for around $4 for a bottle.

I am going to give this a try and will let you all know how it works. I have a really busy week this week, but will give you all a report, soon! :D

I sure hope it works for stains considering the price of cream of tartar. I had no idea it cost that much but with all other groceries going up so high I shouldn't be surprised. I find myself using coupons and looking for sales on groceries more now than ever before.

12 Tips for Cleaning with Cream of Tartar
  • Removing rust stains: Mix one teaspoon cream of tartar with ¼ cup baking soda. Add hydrogen peroxide a little at a time until a paste is formed. Rub the paste on the rust spot. Let sit for 30 minutes and then clean with a damp sponge.
  • Cleaning the bathtub and tile: This concoction is almost the same minus the baking soda. Mix a few tablespoons of cream of tartar with peroxide one drop at a time to form a paste. Use this to scrub away a bathtub ring, stains in the tub, or stains on your bathroom tile.
See also: How to Clean Your Bathroom
Cream-of-Tartar.JPG

• Cleaning a stainless steel sink: Mix 1 cup of distilled white vinegar with ¼ cup cream of tartar. Be sure to mix this in a glass or plastic container (no metal). Use the mixture as a scrub for your stainless steel sink and rinse with warm water. Your sink will shine!
  • Reviving scratched dishes: Cream of tartar is just great for restoring scratched dinnerware. If you have light colored or white dishes, you know that eating utensils can leave greyish scratches on your plates and bowls. Simply mix cream of tartar and water to form a soft paste. Rub this on the dishes and rinse with warm water. Your plates and bowls will look new again!
  • Clean the gunk off your toaster: You know that sticky stuff that collects around the toast slots on your toaster? It resists just about any cleaning application I’ve tried...except cream of tartar. Just mix a little water with some cream of tartar to create a milky substance. Smear it on the sticky stuff, scrub a little with a sponge, and then wipe clean with a damp cloth or paper towel. That gunk is history!
quickanddirtytips.com/house-home/housekeeping/how-to-clean-with-cream-of-tartar#sthash.hG0LhEBf.dpuf

Back