Barbara G.

Staff member
Ingredients

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 heaping tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning
Juice of half a lemon

Directions

Place your chicken into the crock pot and turn to high.

Pour the soup in a medium sized bowl and add the lemon juice and lemon pepper. Add half a soup can of water to the mix. Stir it up.

Pour it over the chicken in the crock pot.

Let it cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.

chicken.jpg

Source: PernikityPlates

I eat chicken breast most of the time. I wonder if I can substitute cream of chicken for cream of mushroom. Only because that's the only ingredient I don't have right now. Thanks for sharing.

I eat chicken breast most of the time. I wonder if I can substitute cream of chicken for cream of mushroom. Only because that's the only ingredient I don't have right now. Thanks for sharing.

You can vary the recipe by using whatever cream soup you have. The flavor will change some though. This would be a great recipe to experiment with to see how different soups create different flavors.

Hi Barbara, I did substitute the cream of chicken with the cream of mushroom and it was delicious. thank you for this recipe. Even my son who can be a picky eater enjoyed it. I served it over broccoli. Like you said, this is a great recipe to experiment with.

Hi Barbara, I did substitute the cream of chicken with the cream of mushroom and it was delicious. thank you for this recipe. Even my son who can be a picky eater enjoyed it. I served it over broccoli. Like you said, this is a great recipe to experiment with.
Sounds wonderful Christine. I actually prefer the cream of mushroom on chicken and with the lemon it sounds delicious.

Back