Crockpot Soap Making?

kungfujoe94

Hey, y'all!

I was checking out some soapmaking videos on YouTube and I ran across a few that really caught my attention. Users were making soap with their crockpots.

I love making soap and I think this will be an easier method for me. I have little ones running around and it's virtually impossible for me to make any new batches.

Have any of you ever tried it?

Hello,

I am new to helping with the crockpot forums! This sounds like a unique idea! I have heard of people using crockpots for doing potpourri, but not making soap. I will have to do some research on this! Thanks for being a member here! Hope to see you in the forums some time!

This sounds like a great idea! We have several smaller crockpots that we use for non food items- such as potpourri and Vicks w/ water when we are sick. Would you mind sharing some of the youtube links you've found? I want to help research, but if I know what you've seen thus far I won't be sharing redundant info.

Thanks! :)

-Sarah

My grandmother used to make us all soaps for Christmas with her crock pot (I hope she did not use the same one we ate from).

She found a recipe for soap that was moisturizing, because I have severe eczema. Anyway, here is the recipe:

1 (12 oz.) Crisco shortening
1 cup Olive oil
1 cup Coconut oil (she never used an entire cup, but more that 2/3 of a cup)
2 Tbs Sweet almond oil
2 Tbs Shea Butter
4 Tbs Avocado butter

4.2 oz. Lye
1 1/4 cup Water

Melt all of the oils in your crock pot.
Then, add the lye to the water, in a separate bowl. Mix until the lye dissolves, add it in.
Mix with submersion blender.
Cover, on low, for 30 minutes.
Then add the fragrances.
These can be whatever you want. My gram used:
1 tbs Vitamin E
1 tbs Warm honey
1 tbs Oatmeal, finely ground into powder (mortar and pestel, or coffee grinder).
1/2 tsp Ginger
As well as 50 drops of essential almond oil (I love almond scent).

This sounds exciting to have a soap recipe! I may have to buy a nice new shiny crockpot and use one of my old ones that I have had for many, many years to try this soap crockpot recipe out! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

Back