Crockpot Quiche with Crust

Geri K

The crust settles to the bottom as it cooks.
1. Add the following to a blender:

1/2 stick melted butter
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 3 T. minced onion
  • 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur white whole wheat)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 cups milk
  • 6 eggs
Blend for 10 seconds. Pour into well sprayed crock pot.
2. Layer 1/2 cup of your favorite mix-in:
  • Fresh or frozen broccoli
  • Fresh or frozen well drained chopped spinach
  • Cooked sausage, chopped ham, bacon or salami
  • Fresh or well drained can mushrooms
3. Top with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, your choice:
  • Sharp cheddar
  • Swiss
  • Monterey Jack
  • Gruyere
Crock 2-3 hours or until eggs are set, not jiggly. I crocked mine for 2 hours, 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick if desired. Uncover. Eggs will continue to set and cook as the quiche cools. The quiche is better the next day, warmed after it’s completely set. Serve quiche with fruit or side salad as a brunch or dinner.
momonamission.me/crock-pot-quiche/

Sounds good. I have never cooked it in a crockpot though. My budget gourmet recipe has cottage cheese in it too as well as cheese. You can substitute cooked bacon for sausage or ham cubes (you can buy already cut up) and I like asparagus instead of broccoli sometimes. Sliced or chopped yellow or red bell peppers add a nice color. Pepper Jack adds a kick. I obviously love quiche! Is the crust like the old Impossible Pie type or will it be more pie crust like?

Sounds good. I have never cooked it in a crockpot though. My budget gourmet recipe has cottage cheese in it too as well as cheese. You can substitute cooked bacon for sausage or ham cubes (you can buy already cut up) and I like asparagus instead of broccoli sometimes. Sliced or chopped yellow or red bell peppers add a nice color. Pepper Jack adds a kick. I obviously love quiche! Is the crust like the old Impossible Pie type or will it be more pie crust like?
I am not sure. what the crust will be like because I have not tried this recipe yet. It does say to pour the batter into the crock pot so I am going to take a guess an say that it will be like the old impossible pie type. I am going to try it so I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the tip on using cottage cheese in the quiche, am going to try that too.

I don't think I have ever had quiche before. I am interested in trying it though and now I have a crockpot recipe to use. Thank you.

Back