Crockpot Cat Food

Geri K

Crockpot can be used for this recipe. Thoroughly cook all ingredients.
Use amounts as if serving 4 people.
Select chicken, beef, turkey or rabbit. I wash the meat, dry it and put olive oil in a skillet and cook it until it is done. I chop it up finely and set aside. Use a portion suitable for 4 people.
Boil 1 or 2 farm fresh eggs until they are soft boiled or hard boiled. Do not peel them. Set aside.
Cook carrots, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and white rice until they are soft and able to be pulverized. I do not peel carrots, but gently cut the tip and the top ends off before I scrub them with a vegetable brush. You can use fresh tomatoes or canned. Use canned tomatoes with no additives like seasonings and very little if any salt. Organic is the best. I peel sweet potatoes simply because the skin is bitter and is not a nutrient the cat needs.

Do not discard water used in cooking these veggies and rice.

Put the water in a blender and place one egg, shell and all into the water. Next spoon 1/2 of the meat and 1/2 of the vegetables and rice in too.

You may add apples and or bananas for nutritional value for your cat. Apples can be cored and either peeled or not before they are cooked. Bananas should be very ripe and use one of each ( a banana and apple) for the recipe here.

I put all the veggies and apple in same pot to cook. I remove the items as they get soft for my recipe.

Set the blender on low at first and then increase speed to completely puree the contents.

Pour into SNACK size ziploc baggies and freeze each one individually until ready for giving to your pet. Continue with the left over 1/2 of the contents to provide another batch.
bubblews.com/news/2285636-homemade-cat-food-including-recipe

What a wonderful recipe. I hope my cat likes it. Whenever I give him organic (store bought) food he does not like it. But if its homemade, who knows. Thanks for sharing.

I guess cats are a lot like humans because we like a home cooked meal better than one that comes out of a can as well. Let us know if you try this recipe if your cat likes it. It certainly does have a lot of nutrition in it possibly much more than what comes out of a can of cat food.

Back