Crockpot Beverages

The Aspertarian

I have a great crock pot spiced tea recipe and was wondering if anyone else had beverage recipes for the crock pot.

Crock Pot Hot Spiced Tea

4-6 tea bags
1 bottle cranberry juice
3-4 cinnamon sticks (Ceylon), cracked
1 orange sliced
1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
raw organic honey

Put all ingredients in the crock pot, turn on high and let brew for several hours. The longer you let it steep, the stronger the flavors.

You can also use cranberry apple juice, add more Ceylon, toss in some all spice or other spices.

This is a great warm drink for cold weather and it is fantastic for a party or get together.

Sounds great. I make drinks MOSTLY in the winter but I have been branching out and chilling teas after infusing them. It seems like hot chocolate is a popular go to in a slow cooker. I personally do this (supplement the almond for rice milk if allergic):

Horchata Latte

7 cups boiling water
3 cups uncooked long grain rice
6 sticks of cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
5 cups vanilla-flavor unsweetened almond milk
3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder or dark-roast coffee powder

Directions
  1. Combine first three and cover it. Let it stand at room temperature 8 hours to a day. Take out cinnamon sticks.
  2. Blend on high the rice mixture and sugar until as smooth as it gets. Use a cheese cloth to strain mixture into slow cooker. Stir in almond milk and coffee powder.
  3. Cook on low for 4 hours. Whisk once or twice through out.
  4. Now whisk the crud out of it before serving. You can sprinkle some cinnamon on top or make it a summer drink by adding ice. Whatever's clever. You might even want to splash some spiced rum on this guy ;)

Back