Crock Pots

Slowcookmama

The first slow cooker I received was a gift for Christmas. I find the quality to be really good. I decided to buy an extra one from a discount store so I can make deserts and for meal prep. Less than a few days it stop working. I think this is a good reason to shop at quality stores. With that being said I was on Walmart and came across one that was nicely priced. I ordered it today, I'm excited to try it out.

I have had crockpots go out on me a time or two. The bad thing is thinking something is cooking in it while you are gone only to find out dinner is not done when you return. And, the money which is wasted because the crockpot quit working. But, I guess they don't last forever especially when you use them a big part of the time. Let us know how you like your new crock pot!

I've had a couple go out on me after just a few weeks. These were the kind with lots of fancy features, the programmable ones. The old fashioned ones with a single knob and the choices of 'high', 'low' or 'off' seem to work best lol

Like slowcookmama, my first crock pot was also a gift. I haven't had any trouble with it yet, but have been thinking about buying another smaller one. The first one is the old fashion style like TheresaL was mentioning, just one knob for high, low, or off. If those are recommended most, that's what I'll search for in a new pot! I know slowcookmama mentioned ordering a new one from Walmart, are there any other stores you ladies would suggest for buying new?

I buy most of my stuff at Walmart simply because we live in a smaller town. I have had much success with the simple crockpots lasting for many years. I have only had one that went out on me and I had had it for years. It quit cooking in low if I remember right. It would work on high, but I went and bought another one right away because I did not want to take a chance of the food not being cooked while away and having to throw it out.

I do know there are many different stores that sell slow cookers. In the bigger city, Kohl's, Penneys, Sears, and other home stores sell them. I know some people like to order from Amazon, which I use from time to time. But, I like to actually see what I am buying so I usually shop locally.

Thanks, Barbara G. I also live in a small town so Walmart is probably my closest/best option for now. Online shopping is tempting, but sometimes what I get isn't exactly what I imagined it would be. Lots of risks. I'd rather see what I'm buying in person first.

I buy most of my stuff at Walmart simply because we live in a smaller town. I have had much success with the simple crockpots lasting for many years. I have only had one that went out on me and I had had it for years. It quit cooking in low if I remember right. It would work on high, but I went and bought another one right away because I did not want to take a chance of the food not being cooked while away and having to throw it out.

I do know there are many different stores that sell slow cookers. In the bigger city, Kohl's, Penneys, Sears, and other home stores sell them. I know some people like to order from Amazon, which I use from time to time. But, I like to actually see what I am buying so I usually shop locally.

Hi Barbara I got mine as Gifts except for fondue size I went to Target. I like to see what Im getting.

Back