Crock Pot Slow Cooking is Popular Year Round - Now There's Proof.

CrockPotTalkAdmin

It’s always been a foregone conclusion for most people that everyone tends to crave more rib sticking hearty meals in the cold winter months. Especially this lifelong northerner. So a little curiosity, combined with the knowledge of where to look, produced this little tidbit of info.

According to these Google search statistics from 2013, the results are pretty clear, but are surprisingly not exactly what you’d think.

google-crockopot-recipes.png

During the Summer months in the U.S. when it’s usually too hot in most places to even think about cooking a hot meal that takes more than 30 minutes much less several hours, people are still thinking about crock pot recipes!

In fact, the results show that though there is a definitive lull in searches for crock pot recipes in the early Spring, the upswing in crock pot recipe searches actually starts in July.

Over the course of the year, the numbers averaged about 246,000 monthly searches. The largest dip however, is during May and June after crock pot interest takes a pretty steep dive as Winter winds down. At that low point the searches only reach around 135,000 searches in those two months.

Still nothing to sneeze at, but those numbers are still helped considerably however by the peak November and December numbers reaching over 368,000 searches a month. The upswing actually starts in July! By August, people are already hitting the yearly average 246,000 searches for crock pot recipes.

Are you one of those Summer time crock pot cookers? Why do you think May and June are the low point for crock pots and not July?

Last edited:
It makes sense to me. Using an oven/range in the winter months helps to warm the house as well as make a delicious meal. I use my slow cooker all year round. I, probably, make more soups and stews in the winter and think a little more outside the box in the warm months. I do everything I can NOT to use the oven in the summer. Especially mine. I think it was cast in the bowels of hell.

Back