teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4
teaspoon ground ginger

1/4
teaspoon nutmeg

1/8
teaspooon cloves
Directions
  • 1 Set your crock pot on the low setting (mine has an 8-hour and 10-hour setting, I used the 8-hour setting).
  • 2 In the bottom of the crock pot, thoroughly combine all of your ingredients. Cover and let cook for about 5 hours, stirring occasionally, until pumpkin butter is thick enough to stick to a spoon turned upside down.
  • 3 Spoon pumpkin butter into a jar and let cool completely in the refrigerator before using. It keeps in the refrigerator for up to one week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
tablespoon.com/recipes/crock-pot-pumpkin-butter/c611d04d-b896-4942-8624-ee0d853bf18d

This sounds delicious. I'm wondering what you use it on Geri? I could see putting it on a bagel maybe. Any other suggestions?

This sounds delicious. I'm wondering what you use it on Geri? I could see putting it on a bagel maybe. Any other suggestions?
Pumpkin butter would be good on a bagel, toast, filling for tarts or English muffins. I have been buying the whole wheat English muffins and like them a lot. There is a recipe for pumpkin butter bars I will post on here.

Pumpkin butter would be good on a bagel, toast, filling for tarts or English muffins. I have been buying the whole wheat English muffins and like them a lot. There is a recipe for pumpkin butter bars I will post on here.

Pumpkin Butter Bars
Ingredients

1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 (13.5-ounce) jar pumpkin butter
  • 2 Tablespoons milk
  • 1 Tablespoon flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 4 Tablespoons cold butter
Instructions
  1. Reserve one cup of the cake mix in a small bowl. Mix together remaining cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
  2. Mix together pumpkin butter, milk, and 2 eggs. Pour over the crust.
  3. Add the flour, sugar, and butter to the reserved cake mix. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the butter until it resembles small peas. Sprinkle over the pumpkin butter layer.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
pumpkin-butter-bars_12.jpg

bakedbree.com/pumpkin-butter-bars

Thanks for sharing the pumpkin butter bars recipe. I'm shopping tonight and I'm picking up bagels, too!

Back