Brining

The Aspertarian

I like to cook several chicken breasts at once and freeze them for use later in recipes. However, they can turn out really dry so I like to brine them first. Brining makes the meat so moist and tender!

I use a cold brine with salt, bay leaves and sometimes garlic and other herbs.

What is your favorite brine? Some people rinse their meat afterwards, do you?

I've tried brining chicken 3 months ago. Since then brining has been a part of my chicken preparation. The taste of the flavors goes deep in the meat we enjoy every bite of it. My brine contains salt, pepper and garlic.

My mother makes the most awesome turkey every year. Mine goes in the trash most often because,it's gross. well,I saw her doing this one day last year and decided to go home and try it.my mother is from the west indies so you know she has spices I can't even name right now. She packed me up some leaves and those black round balls and orange pieces and stuff and I brined all night long. that turkey was the best turkey ever made by me.

Do you have to use salt when brining? Is brining the same as just seasoning the meat overnight or for a few hours?

Do you have to use salt when brining? Is brining the same as just seasoning the meat overnight or for a few hours?

If I am correct, brining will usually have salt. If you are brining items like fish and game, it helps to take the wild taste out of them. Brining can also add flavor, make meats more tender, as well as reduce cooking times. In essence, the process is typically the same for brining and/or soaking meats in seasonings.

Back