BBQ Chicken Meatballs Crock Pot Recipe

oltltli2

BBQ Chicken Meatballs Crock Pot Recipe

These barbecue chicken meatballs are made with ground boneless chicken thighs. They make a tasty appetizer, or serve them on rice or with potatoes. Use a meat grinder or food processor to grind the chicken with the spices and onion.

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: Makes About 2 Dozen Meatballs

Slow Cooker Ingredients:
  • 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless, without skin, or use purchased ground chicken
  • 2 slices bread, torn
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme'
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
Crock Pot Preparation:

Cut the chicken into small chunks, trimming and discarding excess fat. Soak the bread in the milk for a few minutes. In a food processor, combine the soaked bread with the chicken pieces, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and cayenne. Process until ground and well blended. Or, grind the chicken and onion in a meat grinder then mix with the remaining ingredients.

Put the chicken mixture in a bowl, cover, and chill for about 1 to 2 hours.

Heat the oven to 425°.

Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil.

Keeping hands moist with a little water, shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and arrange on the parchment-lined baking pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until cooked through. The meatballs should register at least 160° to 165° on a food thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball.

Heat the meatballs in a saucepan or slow cooker with the barbecue sauce until hot and nicely glazed.

Makes about 2 dozen meatballs.

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. I would probably get ground chicken or ground turkey at the store. I wouldn't grind it myself.

Back