Are travel bags for slow cookers necessary?

JoanMcWench

One of my friends suggested I get one but I question their relevance. Is it supposed to be helpful in a way I am not seeing? Why does it have to be specifically for slow cookers? Can't a regular bag work with the same result? Why would I need a carrying case for a slow cooker?

Clearly I have a lot of questions on this one...

I have a crock that came with a carrying case. I was thinking the exact same thing that you were...as first! Then I decided to take a crock pot recipes to a friends house.

So I have cooked - well my crock pot cooked - and I am ready to leave and I am thinking about this crock spilling in my car. The lid made me nervous and I am trying to figure out what I needed to wedge it with to keep it in place. Then it dawned on me...!!! My carrying case!!! So in response to your question, the case is perfect for transporting you crock WITH food in it. Seems to insulate really well too! It fits tightly, no leaks and no troubles!!

You know something? I was not even thinking about using the carrying case with a slow cooker full of food! That was not even on my mind. I usually just transfer what I made to a pot or container. I can see transferring food in the slow cooker itself if it needs to sit around and I want to keep it warm.

Back