Anybody know of some easy-to-make Crockpot Thanksgiving side dishes?

Numbers9000

I'm having two Thanksgiving dinners this year, one with my family and another one a few days before T-day with friends and coworkers. Thankfully, the friends and colleagues dinner is going to be potluck. However, I'm in charge of the family Thanksgiving feast this year and I was wondering if any of you knew some nice and easy set-it-and-forget-it type of Thanksgiving sides that I could prepare with my Crockpot. Preferably something I could prepare way ahead of time. My kitchen can get pretty hectic around Thanksgiving, and the less I have to think about certain dishes the smoother everything will go.

I don't have any personal recipes but if you go to this website there are links to a ton of great ideas! There are every kind of typical Thanksgiving recipes adapted for the crock pot and they are all make ahead recipes. I think I'd actually like to try one or two of them this year. Enjoy!

Following your link, I browsed it a bit, clicked on a couple more links and somehow ended up here. And now I know what I'll be trying to talk my girlfriend into trying this weekend. It looks delicious! Just wanted to say thanks for the great website!

I don't have any personal recipes but if you go to this website there are links to a ton of great ideas! There are every kind of typical Thanksgiving recipes adapted for the crock pot and they are all make ahead recipes. I think I'd actually like to try one or two of them this year. Enjoy!

I meant to thank you for this but never got a chance to because I was running around like a headless chicken during the holidays. I made the spicy sweet potatoes in my Crockpot and they were absolutely a success! Thanks for the link!

I little late for Thanksgiving, but we made delicious candied carrots and creamed onions on two separate occasions with two crockpots. For the candied carrots we basically made a diluted simple syrup using brown sugar and a little bit of nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter.

I'm not sure about the creamed onions - it's an old family recipe of my husband's. I'm pretty sure it involved cream and sugar and lots of salt.

I think the best side dish to cook in a crock pot for Thanksgiving is meatballs and gravy. Just take some ground beef and add some breadcrumbs, an egg, and some seasoning. Mix it all up and make the meatballs the size of golf balls. I just add some gravy out of a can and place the meatballs in a crock pot on low for about 3 or 4 hours. It's a must on Thanksgiving!

Back