Any recipes for homemade ciders for the slow cooker?

MindyT

With the holidays fast approaching, I am wanting to use my crockpot for hot drinks. This way, I can make a large quantity for my large family and not have to worry about it burning on the stove.

Does anyone have a beloved recipe for ciders? It could be apple, citrus, or another flavor preferably with no alcohol? If you do, could you please share?

CrockPot Homemade Cider Recipe

My go to recipe includes:
  1. 12 medium apples - I personally use a mixture of pink lady, honey crisp, and gala apples but there's definitely room to explore and make it work for you.
  2. 2 to 3 oranges
  3. Cinnamon sticks - I don't like the taste of cinnamon very much so I only use one maybe two cinnamon sticks when I make cider. If you want a stronger cinnamon flavor just throw in a couple more.
  4. 1/2 Tablespoon of cloves
  5. 1 Tablespoon of allspice
  6. 1 cup of brown sugar
All you have to do is chop up the apples, quarter the oranges, and put those all into the crock pot. Add your cloves, allspice, and brown sugar and then pour enough water into the pot to cover the apples. Brew for 12 hours on high and you're done.

Simple, Sweet, and Delicious.

This is a great thread; I hope I'm not the only person to share a cider recipe. It would be nice to see some different variations.

Back