“Honey” Mustard Ham

TheresaL

This is a wonderful low-carb variation on the "honey-glazed" ham we all love. I made this this weekend with a much bigger ham and it was absolutely to die for.

5 lb fully cooked bone-in ham

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar

½ cup Splenda

1 TBSP brown mustard

½ tsp blackstrap molasses

1 tsp water

Place ham in slow cooker. In a bowl, mix vinegar and 2 TBSP of the Splenda. Add the mixture to the slow cooker. In same bowl, mix mustard, molasses, remaining Splenda and water and spread over the ham. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.

Yields 6 servings

This is a wonderful low-carb variation on the "honey-glazed" ham we all love. I made this this weekend with a much bigger ham and it was absolutely to die for.

5 lb fully cooked bone-in ham

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar

½ cup Splenda

1 TBSP brown mustard

½ tsp blackstrap molasses

1 tsp water

Place ham in slow cooker. In a bowl, mix vinegar and 2 TBSP of the Splenda. Add the mixture to the slow cooker. In same bowl, mix mustard, molasses, remaining Splenda and water and spread over the ham. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.

Yields 6 servings
This sounds absolutely wonderful. !! I like the use of Splenda to cut down on sugar also. I use sugar substitutes all the time even though they supposedly are bad for us unless they are the natural kind like Stevia. Thanks for the great recipe.

Hi Geri - I used to drink tons of diet soda which has aspartame in it. I gave it up after reading that it can cause a number of problems, including inflammation and joint pain. About a week after I gave it up, the pains in my hands and feet, which I had attributed to arthritis were almost completely gone. So I am very careful about artificial sweeteners but so far Splenda seems ok.

Back